Paper I -GENERAL STUDIES
Duration: Two hours
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography - Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance - Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development - Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change - that do not require subject specialisation General Science.
The questions in both Paper-I will be of multiple choice, objective type for 200 marks each and the time allotted for each paper is two hours.
It is mandatory for the candidate to appear in both the papers of Civil Services (Prelim) examination for the purpose of evaluation. Therefore, a candidate will be disqualified in case he or she does not appear in both the papers of the (Prelims) exam.